Keys to the City of Miami Beach
V&E Restaurant group to be honored with the key to the city of Miami Beach
Miami Beach, FL (July 21, 2021) – Commissioner Michael Gongora will honor Vida &
Estilo (V&E) Restaurant Group with a Key to the City of Miami Beach on August 6th at 5
p.m. at the Miami Beach City Hall.
“V&E Restaurant Group has been fundamental to the hospitality industry and the
economy of Miami Beach,” said Commissioner Gongora. “They have been present in
our city since 1996, operating a variety of award-winning restaurant concepts that have
further solidified the city of Miami Beach as a culinary destination for visitors and locals
Translating to “life and style”, V&E Restaurant Group has one of the most unique
collections of iconic restaurants, bars and entertainment destinations with 20
restaurants between Miami & Las Vegas, serving South Beach for the last 25 years.
V&E is one of the largest restaurant groups in South Florida, with 11 dining
establishments in Miami Beach consisting of full-service restaurants and a Cuban coffee
shop brand offering a variety of cuisines reflective of the cultural melting pot of Miami
Beach including Italian, Mexican, Cuban, American and soon Sushi. All V&E locations
are listed in the Top 10 of major search engines such as Google, TripAdvisor, and Yelp.
V&E hosts and feeds over 6,300 guests per day on average and it has served over 3.5
million guests in Miami Beach between 2018 and May 2021.
“We are honored and thrilled to accept the Key to the City, the highest honor a
company can receive, and we are truly humbled for this esteemed recognition,” said
Jamil Dib, co-founder & owner. “We love Miami Beach, this is home for us, we care a
lot about our community, and we are ready to do whatever it takes for this city.”
V&E’s economic contribution through taxes and fees to the City in the last five years
alone has exceeded more than $2 millions dollars ($130K a month contribution).
They employ over 1000 people, and 75% of those employees are residents of Miami
As of June 2021, V&E has invested over 20 million dollars into operating locations even
in the aftermath of a pandemic. By the end of 2021, six new locations will be added to
the portfolio, generating another 350 new jobs with an estimated investment of an
additional 2.3 million dollars in equipment and operations.
V&E is a pillar member of the Miami Beach Chamber of Commerce and an active
member of the GMCVB, regularly sponsoring media, influencers, and industry visits to
help further promote tourism in Miami Beach. In addition, V&E routinely offers annual
promotions and discounts to residents through a variety of marketing programs.
“As we reach our 25-year mark, we are following the vision of our founders and
continuing to make strides to create a great future for this city as well.”said V&E CEO
V&E will be presented a Key to the City of Miami Beach in a special ceremony on
Friday, August 6, 2021 at 5 p.m. at the Miami Beach City Hall located at 1700
Convention Center Drive, followed by a private cocktail reception at Cafe Americano on
- Oh Mexico restaurant in Espanola Way opened. ● 2010. Havana 1957 1st location opens in Espanola Way ● May 2013. Havana 1957 Lincoln Road opening.
- July 2016. Havana 1957 Ocean Drive, is open.
- September 2017. Mercato della pescheria on Espanola Way is open.
- August 2018. La Cerveceria de Barrio first location opens in Lincoln Road.
- October 2018. Havana 1957 4th location in South Beach now opens at Breakwater Hotel.
- January 2019. La Cerveceria de Barrio 2nd location opens on Ocean Drive.
- December 2020. Cortadito Coffee House opens at 1656 Meridian Ave.
- December 2020. Cafe Americano Ocean Drive, 1st location in Miami Beach Opens. ● January 2021. Cafe Americano Collins Ave opens at the Redbury Hotel.
Awards, Certificates & Recognitions
- Miami Beach Certificate of Recognition to V&E for 15 years of outstanding culinary talents, serving residents & the community.
- Cinco de Mayo Street Festival Espanola Way Day Oh Mexico Proclamation
- V&E Restaurant Group Cinco de Mayo Day Proclamation
- -Havana 1957 / V&E Restaurant Group received MIAMI BEACH HISPANIC HERITAGE MONTH
Award Certificate of Recognition. Miami Beach Hispanic Affairs Committee recognition to Hispanic businesses that have contributed positively to Miami Beach with outstanding record of service and/or achievement.
- Havana 1957 Roasted Pork Sandwich featured as Best Sandwiches across America for industry leader Restaurant Hospitality & also included in the Editor’s pick for the year.
- La Cerveceria de Barrio Tomatillo Pork Belly sandwich listed in the Editor’s pick list Best Sandwiches across America by Restaurant Hospitality
About V&E Restaurant Group:
V&E Restaurant Group consists of a team of international industry professionals that successfully tie together traditional, lifestyle and nightlife concepts into one vision and turn it into a reality. This talented group of creators are behind some of the most recognized and entertaining restaurants located in Miami and Las Vegas. Since 1996, V&E has demonstrated proven success and expertise through its diverse portfolio in the US. The group currently owns and operates over 20 locations. The most important element in V&E’s lifestyle concept is their focus on a unique 360-degree ambiance, ranging from music to decor.
VE Media Contact
PR & Government Affairs Director
Elba Machado / email@example.com Phone (305) 824 7737
PR Dana Agency
Dana Rhoden / firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone (305) 803-4079